We often look to fancy tubes of skin care treatments to pamper our skin. But these products can be expensive and contain harsh chemicals. The next time you want to relax with an at-home facial, look to your refrigerator instead. This tomato face mask recipe may seem more like a recipe for dinner, but it will have your skin glowing and looking younger in minutes.
Things You'll Need
* 1 medium-sized ripe tomato
* 1 handful of green beans
* 1 tbsp. sour cream
1) Slice the tomato and place the chunks in a small cooking pot. The natural acids found in tomatoes make them a gentle and natural astringent, helping to clean the pores. Tomatoes are also rich in anti-oxidants which help regenerate skin, giving your face a healthy, younger look
2) Add a handful of green beans to the pot and cook until soft. Green beans are high in zinc, a vitamin which is known to heal damaged skin.
3) Mash the tomatoes and green beans until smooth and add 1 tbsp. of sour cream. The lactic acid found in sour cream will soothe and soften dry, itchy skin. Sour cream adds a moisturizing ingredient while at the same time tightening wrinkles and refining pores.
4) Wash your face with warm water and pat dry. Apply the still warm face mask evenly to your face and neck and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Gently rinse the mask off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Tips & Warnings
* This skin care treatment is great anytime, but especially helpful to reduce the damage of sun burns.
* This face mask can be stored for up to a week in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
* Never scrub your face while removing a skin care treatment.